Drivers often underestimate the importance of preparing cars for the winter. M Service Inc wants to make sure you're prepared with these winter maintenance driving tips!
- Have the battery and charging system checked for optimum performance. Cold weather is hard on batteries.
- Clean, flush and put new antifreeze in the cooling system. As a general rule of thumb, this should be done every four years.
- Make sure heaters, defrosters and wipers work properly. Use cold weather washer fluid. As a general rule, wiper blades should be replaced every year.
- Check the tire tread depth and tire pressure. During winter, tire pressure should be checked monthly.
- Have the brakes checked. The braking system is the vehicle’s most important safety item.
- Check to see that all exterior and interior lights work and headlights are properly aimed. Being seen is a important safety factor.